Monday, March 17, 2008

I need your help!

These two pictures are of a structure near where I work, what exactly is it? I don't know I'm hoping someone out there could tell me. It sits just off the AV Cell properity a little ways off the road to the mill. I at first thought it was coal chute but it doesn't look like one. It sits near the tracks so I'm guessing it's railroad related. Send me your thoughts.


///UPDATE\\\
Jim Babcock had informed me this structure is actually owned by AV Cell and it was once a valve house for the water pipe line that ran from Tide Head to the mill in Atholville. The pipe then was made of wood and ran above ground whereas today it's metal and runs underground however the mill still get's it's fresh water from Tide Head where they have a pump house at Christopher Brook.



Thanks.

No comments: