Monday, June 2, 2008

It's been awhile!

It's been quite some time since I wrote last, well life has been pretty hecktic for me in the past month and a half, I just completed an eight week traning course and I am now a certified Environmental Monitor. I would goto my course at 0900hrs every morning and at 1700 I'd leave to goto work, so I'm at work for eight hours and when I get home I'm too tired to bother with anything. Now that I am done my course I can finally relax and get back to my other passion...Railfanning.

As some of you noticed I defied sleep deprevation and went to catch the Ocean and the Chelaur leaving Matapedia. That was a good run, a few days later I was on my way home after work when again I caught the Ocean leaving the Campbellton yard heading to Montreal. I chased it to Tide Head and called it a night. I have three new videos on Youtube for those who don't know just yet.

When I was in Montreal in April we visited the CAD facility, one of the loco's they were working on was a "green powered" locomotive 7102. It is the "hybred" of the railway. It runs on a greener fuel mixture of I believe alcohol and diesel fuel. I stand to be corrected on that. It's been a month and a half since I was there. So while on Youtube a few nights ago I was looking around and I stumbbled onto a video by ConrailSD70MAC he has a video of the aforementioned locomotive. As you see here I have some pictures of the loco and I have a shot of my self in the driver seat. I thought that was pretty awesome not as much as when I found this video and heard it for the first time.....What sound, very distinctive and a beauty.


First here are my pictures of the GP9 710ECO 7102 that I took at CAD.
Here's the cab shot.And a shot from the driver's side.



Here is another video of the same loco, this one is by EMDX7102 both videos were shot in Ottawa on OCR. Since EMDX7102 has disabled embedding here is the link to his video. Very neat to see it. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eOiAnzwEIhA&feature=related

Well I'll keep you posted as usual in regards to railfanning, now that I have the time I'll diffently get on it and now that we have longer daylight it will make it a lot easyer. Have fun and keep filming those trains.

No comments: