Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chaseing the Ocean




This morning I arrived in Matapedia and was wondering why the scaner was so quiet, I knew I had the right freq's but why there was nothing. So at 0550 I called the station in Campbellton to ask if the train was on time this morning. Well turns out it wasn't. I was told it would be fifteen minutes late. So I figured it would arrive in Matapedia at or around 0700. Well I was wrong, the Ocean didn't arrive till 0745 hrs. So I waited and I waited, I decided to go out and take some pictures. And that was when I heard off in the distance the Ocean and the Chelaur approching Matapedia. I took a few great shots, The lead this morning was 6400 followed by 6408. I didn't catch the Chelaur's lead.


Speaking of great shots, I had a perfect oppurtunity to take one. After the Chelaur had left on it's run down the Gaspe, I was waiting on the New Brunswick side of the train bridge I was going to catch the Ocean crossing the Restigouche, however my batteries were dead! I couldn't believe it, I had just spent $11.69 on batteries for digital cameras about an hour before hand and they were dead already. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. My mistake was though, I had forgot lastnight to recharge my rechargeables before going to bed.




So I didn't get the "Perfect shot" and I was left fumbbleing for a pair that would get me the next best thing. And here it is.

A point of interest for me was when I seen the lead unit was 6400, whereas back in April I was sitting in the cab of 6400 here I am.
So my whole point of waiting at the end of the bridge for the 14 was to get it on video but fate wasn't going to have it this morning. Also one more thing, in the past few months I've receved four hello's from the loco drivers not too bad, I got one this morning from the Ocean. I'm impressed and I got one last night from the 15. Hey two in a row I like that, I guess after seeing me at just about every other crossing they kinda got to know that I was chaseing their train and decided to add their own thing to my video, Thanks guys! Well I'll be posting my videos on Youtube as usual so have fun and chase those trains!




Last night (As I posted earlyer this morning) I had chased the 15 to Campbellton, here are my pictures, though some are not all that great I took some from the video.

No comments: