Saturday, September 6, 2008

All the buzz!



Steve Boyko and the others have reported that CFMG 402 had derailed in the Matapedia Valley. There was a two car derailment and The Ocean 615 was behind the derailment. Concequently they had to back up back to Campbellton that night and all passengers were bussed to their destinations. I don't know what to think about this latest derailment. It seems to me there have been a lot of problems lately with the NBEC and CFMG lines in regards to maintence and time delays. This cannot be good PR VIA, NBEC or CFMG or the whole QRC altogether! I have no idea what had caused the derailment however I can only speculate it is because of poor maintence of the line. Again that is ONLY a speculation not an acusation or anything of the sort.


VIA 615 spent the day in Campbellton where crews can clean the coaches and sleeper cars and perform usual maintence etc. This morning it has left Campbellton as 614 on it's way to Halifax. I have no idea if the line is open now or not but I am pretty sure it's still closed to all inbound and out bound traffic till further notice.


On the lighter side of things in the past week I've been pretty busy inregards to railfanning! I have several videos of the 615, and the 402/3. I'll post them all as soon as I have the time as there is quite a bit. I haven't uploaded them to my computer yet so be patient. Last night Jess and I went for a walk on the former INR line at M.P. 00.00 to near Christopher Brook....A really nice walk. My dog took me for a walk as per usual and our new puppie well...She's not the walking type just yet. She's only seven weeks old, She still doesn't have a name yet, I was thinking of calling her "Ocean" anyone have any suggestions? I also suggested "Alco" but that shot down before I could finish my sentence.


For my last order of business, I just receved and email from Ron Jackson, informing my self and other railfans, there will be a railfan trip to the IRIC shops in Moncton on Oct 3rd. Here is an excerpt from the email.


"The Costs, Hotel $84.00 plus tax per night. Two per room or single. The rooms must be booked by Sept 20th. The rooms are booked under my name Ron Jackson and the number for the Hotel is 1-800-561-4667

Bus TBD depends on the numbers

Train $58.00 per person tax included return.

Lunch $28.00 per person tax included for both meals

The Train and meals must be paid directly to me so we can all get the rate and the lunch sitting. Cash or cheque ok on the day of departure. The train and meals must be booked before Sept 20 and there is a $17.50 penalty if you cancel after Sept 20th. "

So there you have it, the second railfanning trip of the 08 season! Well that's about it for me as for trains go this week, have fun and keep chasing those trains!

No comments: