Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some good reading!


Yesterday I was searching the net for what ever I wasn't looking for anything in particular when I came across this site that I thought was really interesting.

This site has all the VIA locomotives from 1986 and on wards with lots of details and lots of great info on any particular locomotive you'd like to know about. Of course I looked up 6400 and well turns out my loco was built in 1986, and was the first VIA locomotive to have done any kind of advertiseing for VIA Rail. 6400 was formerly the "Pepsi train" that was durring the summer of 1990. From 1990 to 2007 it was the the standered Yellow and grey. Than in 2005 to 2006 she was rebuilt at CAD and given a unique overhaul. She is a one of a kind locomotive in VIA's fleet of F40PH-2's. 6400 is the only locomotive that is a class all on her own, she is the GPA 30 d. The only one of her kind, while the others are GPA 30 A,B and C.

I've read somewheres that 6400 is no longer a FP40H because of it's own class or something of the sort. Either way she's a beauity and that's that. I have an "almost" obsession with this particular locomotive I don't quite understand why though.


The picture above is by Marc Chouinard, he kindly gave me permission to use his photograph as the header of this entry. Thank You Marc! His site www.myrailfan.com and his blog I presume is titled "My little Paradise" I highly suggest those of you who are interested in where VIA's locomotives have been and their current status to check it out. It's a very interesting site. I got to learn a bit more about "my" 6400 and VIA's other F40PH's.
Here is a direct link to where one can view the status of each unit. http://www.myrailfan.com/tables/list_F40.aspx
Enjoy and well I hope this rain will FINALLY stop so that I may go out there and chase some trains soon! That's about it for me and trains this time around have fun and keep chaseing those trains!

No comments: