Thursday, February 25, 2010

VIA Derailment.



So to make my first entry in almost six months I am sadded to say that this will be a bad one. VIA #15 the Ocean heading to Montreal deariled early this morning with somewhere around a hundred passengers on board. Thankfully no one was seriously injured. In all there were seven minor injurys. The conductor was hurt but not serious according to CBC he was the most injured out of the seven. Officals say (unoffically) it was the track switching mechnicism that caused the derailment. VIA has yet (As of the time of writting this) made offical what the cause is. In the derailement my baby 6400 is seen in this video by the CBC; on her side with both headlights busted and I'm pretty sure with a ruptured fuel tank. I hope my favorite locomotive survives the incident and is back on the rails and thundering down the lines in no time!

In the mean time here are a few pictures of 6400 on rails. I didn't catch the number of the other locomotive that was involved.

Well I know it isn't much but that's all I can find at this time. Till the next time, have fun and keep chasing those trains!

2 comments:

Station Master said...

Full consist was:

6400
6457
8620
8140
8507 Skyline
8401 Acadian
8225 Chateau Rouville
8211 Chateau Lasalle
8222 Chateau Richelieu

clam502 said...

Thanks for the list! Appreciate it.